UFC Thread

Hearing every shot connect, the corners, refs and everything the fighters say is way better than hearing fans boo every 5 seconds.

Agree - actually much prefer this. Especially glad there's no Ric Flair impersonations too.

In all of the years I’ve been watching MMA I can’t remember anyone eating as many bombs as Ferguson did and looking unbothered by it. Good stoppage in the end. I’m still unconvinced whether he’s got the tools to bear Khabib but I guess we’ll find out.

Kattar is a future champ of his division too.

This is why I love MMA, no fight is a foregone conclusion. Think the vast majority of people would have expected Ferguson and rightfully so but it was similar to the difference in Holloway vs Poirier - size and power make a big difference to the damage you can inflict - and as we've seen many times before what had made Tony look 'beatable' was the fact that that he is quite easily hit (hence why a lot would expect Conor would put him away quite quickly). How Tony didn't just go out so many in that fight is as strange and worrying as it is impressive. :lol:

Also I suspect I'm being harsh on De Castro but it looked to me like he threw that fight. He was destroying Hardy before he 'hurt his leg' and then went as far as to throw 2 punches in 2 rounds.

In all of the years I’ve been watching MMA I can’t remember anyone eating as many bombs as Ferguson did and looking unbothered by it. Good stoppage in the end. I’m still unconvinced whether he’s got the tools to bear Khabib but I guess we’ll find out.

Tony didn’t look sharp. 2 consecutive camps/weight cuts was obviously a bad idea. Take nothing away from Gaethje though.

Him v Conor would be a good knock.

Tony didn’t look sharp. 2 consecutive camps/weight cuts was obviously a bad idea. Take nothing away from Gaethje though.

Him v Conor would be a good knock.

Just watching Dana saying the same thing in the post-fight press conference. I’d forgot he did the weight cut the other week for no reason.

There's an interesting triangle thing emerged between in the lightweight division. I think Khabib would be Gaethje, Gaethje just beat/dominated Ferguson, but I still think Ferguson could beat Khabib.

I was saying that earlier. Ferguson is the only fighter capable of causing a problem for Khabib’s style in my opinion. He’s the only fighter comfortable and dangerous off his back. If McGregor couldn’t stop it and his striking didn’t deter it I can’t see how Gaethje’s is going to either?

• Yorkie changed the title to UFC Thread