UFC Thread

Not really watched that much UFC this year, but FUCKING HYPED for the show tonight.

Slept loads last night, so I'm prepared. In the minority, but I really like Covington. I fancy him to out decision Usman. His cardio is insane, and see him nicking the fight 3-2.

Holloway/Volkanovski is a fucking banger. This fight should be incredible. Not sure of result. Nunes will streamroll De Randamie IMO.

Morares/Aldo and Yan/Faber are both super interesting fights, and there is plenty of depth on the Prelims.

Easily most loaded show of the year.

I think all the current champions will retain their belts. Despite thinking that I'll also be very surprised if it happens :lol: which is why I love MMA so much.

I hope Faber fucks up Yan, I really doubt he will but Yan is such a dislikable little shitcunt. Also would love to see a Mike Perry win as I want to see him fight Till at some point. Geoff Neal is no joke, mind.

I think all the current champions will retain their belts. Despite thinking that I'll also be very surprised if it happens :lol: which is why I love MMA so much.

I hope Faber fucks up Yan, I really doubt he will but Yan is such a dislikable little shitcunt. Also would love to see a Mike Perry win as I want to see him fight Till at some point. Geoff Neal is no joke, mind.

Yan is talented but a right arsehole  :lol:

Not really watched that much UFC this year, but FUCKING HYPED for the show tonight.

Slept loads last night, so I'm prepared. In the minority, but I really like Covington. I fancy him to out decision Usman. His cardio is insane, and see him nicking the fight 3-2.

Holloway/Volkanovski is a fucking banger. This fight should be incredible. Not sure of result. Nunes will streamroll De Randamie IMO.

Morares/Aldo and Yan/Faber are both super interesting fights, and there is plenty of depth on the Prelims.

Intrigued as to what makes you like him?  He seems like a monumental bellend to me, but it is obviously at least partly an act to try and get himself the big fights :lol:.  He definitely has a boring style to watch, but he's a hell of a fighter; I do think Usman will win though.

Definitely looking like the best card for some time.

Intrigued as to what makes you like him?  He seems like a monumental bellend to me, but it is obviously at least partly an act to try and get himself the big fights :lol:.  He definitely has a boring style to watch, but he's a hell of a fighter; I do think Usman will win though.

Definitely looking like the best card for some time.

I'm a big wrestling fan and he's basically copying famous wrestler's interviews/style.

Colby is playing a character and I find him entertaining. He's talented, bit of a boring fighter at times, but he is very effective.

His cardio is superb, as long as he doesn't get stopped early, I feel he will be strong in a 5 round fight.

I love Covington too. :lol: I am 100% convinced he actually loathes Trump being in office and it's all a sarcastic joke to him that he's just feeding off of since it gets a reaction.

Agreed mate, think he is just going with it, he's not super Pro-Trump  :lol:

The act is to get noticed. Hope he wins.

Just finished the main card and I didn’t think it was too impressive til that final fight and damn did Usman shut him down in the end.

I thought Aldo got scammed!

Aldo won 29-28 for me. Thought Colby was a little unlucky with a few things in the fight, but Usman did well.

Just finished the main card and I didn’t think it was too impressive til that final fight and damn did Usman shut him down in the end.

I thought Aldo got scammed!

Aldo won 29-28 for me. Thought Colby was a little unlucky with a few things in the fight, but Usman did well.

Oh 100% most rounds were almost impossible to call even after he thought he’d broken his jaw. I didn’t think Usman had that killer instinct in him the way he went up a gear in the last round.

Colby couldn't have lost in a more humiliating way, poor guy :lol: Loses exactly the way Usman predicted, broke his will when he started to accuse Usman of eye poke that never was a poke and also broke his main money maker, his jaw. I like Colby but that was a savage performance from Usman.

Great fight and grit from Colby, however he's pissing in the wind if he thinks that was a bad stoppage. His mouth literally couldn't stop leaking blood. Big props to Usman though, loved watching that little scrote get his comeuppance.

There's a lot of fights to make tbh, a rematch, a fight with Masvidal, a grudge match with Woodley, however I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he just gets cut. Dana fucking hates him.

Great fight and grit from Colby, however he's pissing in the wind if he thinks that was a bad stoppage. His mouth literally couldn't stop leaking blood. Big props to Usman though, loved watching that little scrote get his comeuppance.

There's a lot of fights to make tbh, a rematch, a fight with Masvidal, a grudge match with Woodley, however I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he just gets cut. Dana fucking hates him.

Great fight, like both fighters more after it.

Yes Colby lost, but he backed up his mouth and proves he belongs at Championship level (had it 2-2 into 5th).

Usman deserves praise, finished strongly.

I'd love to see Colby vs Masvidal. The fight just makes sense. It's a great story line with the history between the two. Usman won in a convincing manner, so an immediate re-match for Colby shouldn't be on the table. Masvidal despite having a great year is only on a 3 fight win streak following 2 straight losses so you could argue he needs to do more before getting a shot at the title. Winner gets a title shot.

I'd love to see Colby vs Masvidal. The fight just makes sense. It's a great story line with the history between the two. Usman won in a convincing manner, so an immediate re-match for Colby shouldn't be on the table. Masvidal despite having a great year is only on a 3 fight win streak following 2 straight losses so you could argue he needs to do more before getting a shot at the title. Winner gets a title shot.

:thup:

Aye, would be game that.  O0

• 4 weeks later...

I hope McGregor wins convincingly. I like Cowboy too but a loss doesn't mean much to him compared to Connor. There's are a ton of exciting fights on the horizon if McGregor wins but I'm not sure what exciting fights there are for Cowboy that we haven't seen before if he wins. I have a feeling that Cowboy will win though. He'll rock McGregor, take him to the ground and choke him out. Size difference looks pretty big. It's basically a natural welter weight against a small light weight.

• Yorkie changed the title to UFC Thread