U.S. Politics - You f*cking useless bastards.

11 hours ago, Kaizero said:

His defense:

"I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy."

Asked what the charges could relate to, Gaetz said: "I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated. You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."

Isn't he still 'single'.  Who are you seeing, Matt?

*checks notes*  Oh, he's your 'son'.  Ok then.

Yeah might be reaching here, but he's come out and said "I've never had a sexual relationship with an underage girl".  Doesn't have have some super weird thing where he had a lad called Nestor, now 19 (so 17 two years ago at the time of the alleged offense) who he refers to as his adopted son and who lives in his house, in spite of him not actually being adopted and having an actual dad elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Yeah might be reaching here, but he's come out and said "I've never had a sexual relationship with an underage girl".  Doesn't have have some super weird thing where he had a lad called Nestor, now 19 (so 17 two years ago at the time of the alleged offense) who he refers to as his adopted son and who lives in his house, in spite of him not actually being adopted and having an actual dad elsewhere?

The NYT report says it's a 17 year old girl.

He's going to flame out in spectacular fashion. Had apparently already been privately talking about not running for re-election and working for NewsMax, I wonder what prompted that.

Lots of knives out on the republican side too, I get the feeling they've been itching to dump him. Weird how Jim Jordan escapes scrutiny given his history.

Edited by thomas
32 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Supreme Court, even Thomas and Kavanaugh, sounding really skeptical about NCAA not paying their athletes.

NCAA is really weird, you can't even be endorsed or sponsored as a college athlete. I've seen YouTube videos where NCAA athletes win races but then can't even take the prize money because of it. Whole thing is a complete sham.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

NCAA is really weird, you can't even be endorsed or sponsored as a college athlete. I've seen YouTube videos where NCAA athletes win races but then can't even take the prize money because of it. Whole thing is a complete sham.

Seeing it up close is even more bizarre. In some sports, NCAA athletes are explicitly linked to the professional level via a draft - completely different from the UK. In addition, the level of coaching at even a very young age is extraordinary. My school football team was one of the best in London, yet our coach was a math teacher who played rugby. I have a friend whose 10-year-old son plays for a local "travel" football team who regularly play interstate and who has coaches you would probably never see outside the professional game in the UK. It's fucking insane.

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Seeing it up close is even more bizarre. In some sports, NCAA athletes are explicitly linked to the professional level via a draft - completely different from the UK. In addition, the level of coaching at even a very young age is extraordinary. My school football team was one of the best in London, yet our coach was a math teacher who played rugby. I have a friend whose 10-year-old son plays for a local "travel" football team who regularly play interstate and who has coaches you would probably never see outside the professional game in the UK. It's fucking insane.

They money in youth sports in America is great in some ways as you can get coaches who are professional but obviously the barrier this causes isn't great. Plenty of things we could implement here in regards to sports coaching, facilities and funding. Still NCAA rules are insane, I had a player I sponsor (run a hockey brand) here in the UK, she went to college in USA. Her college team had a deal with another brand and she had to use one of their sticks, using kit thats not an official supplier simply isn't allowed. Again great that kids have access to kit, but its really just a way to milk money from sports brands to pay to provide the kit, dread to think what Nike must pay some of the college football teams. 

It does feel like his introduction of the "photo" story and the dinner with Tucker are a diversionary tactic. Something actually not true that people start to focus on, rather than the completely true bad things he's done.