What are you watching right now?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

That little deaf girl brushed off like 1000 people drowning pretty quick, after almost drowning herself.

This brother is playing with fire, being: crazy, a snitch and driving around in a van with an underaged white girl. We get killed for selling cigarettes, ffs.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: I feel like she taught the motherfucker English, and then sign language. I ain't let that shit slide. No one noticed the actual child going into the radioactive gorilla pen five days a week with fucking notebooks and a chalkboard.

Godzilla is mad because a robot took his job, like he made cars in Detroit. King Kong has a fortress of solitude in the snow? He's a fucking Gorilla.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Fucking in awe of the hustlers that stayed at work while the dragon and the gorilla (With a fucking axe) fought right outside. The gorilla made an axe and everyone in this is like why wouldn't the fucking gorilla know how to tie knots and craft weapons. Like I'm the asshole for being hung up about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Them on Prime. 10 episodes of the first season of an anthology series detailing "terror in America". First season is about a black family in 1953 who move from North Carolina to LA and try to live the American dream. They're met by quite incredible and instant racism in Compton by their shiny all-white neighbours. On top of that, there's "malevolent" forces afoot in their house with some weird tall gadgey/apparition in a black hat who terrorizes the young daughter. As if that's not enough, the husband clearly suffers from awful WW2 trauma and it's slowly revealed that the wife suffered quite the cruelest experience back in North Carolina which is hinted at early on but illustrated in all it's grueling glory in episode 5. Fair warning if you watch it, episode 5 is memorable but not in a good way. It actually might be one of the worst things i've ever seen as part of something that would be considered "entertainment".

So yeah, it's shot with all kinds of camera tricks and with some amazing cinematography. It makes you feel quite sick mostly and yet it's compelling. I spent most of the first couple of episodes asking myself "Christ, was it really like this?" and then I remembered it hasn't changed all that much either. There's almost too much going on in some ways but I think its worth watching.

Edited by LionOfGosforth
On 15/04/2021 at 02:53, Mike said:

This shit was money laundering.

Spoiler

Mate there's a bit in this one that flat out shows there was at one point a thriving colony of humans somehow living in the core of the planet. In the last Godzilla they did the same thing and showed actual fucking Atlantis and in both films NOBODY even mentions it out loud. 

With Atlantis their immediate first thought is to nuke the fucking place. Neebody fancy taking a couple of pictures first?!?!

9 hours ago, Papavasiliou said:
  Hide contents

Mate there's a bit in this one that flat out shows there was at one point a thriving colony of humans somehow living in the core of the planet. In the last Godzilla they did the same thing and showed actual fucking Atlantis and in both films NOBODY even mentions it out loud. 

With Atlantis their immediate first thought is to nuke the fucking place. Neebody fancy taking a couple of pictures first?!?!

:lol: I completely missed that detail. Fucking thing

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Rewatched the last season of Boardwalk Empire last night. Not as bad as I remember it, to be honest. 

It's fine, it's just the seven year gap in the story that is jarring. 

14 hours ago, BlufPurdi said:

Red Oaks. Alright, easy watching, few really funny moments, nowt special.

Show Me A Hero. Short, not an easy watch, bit boring at points actually, but a really sad end. 

I love Red Oaks. I agree it's nothing life changing or groundbreaking but it's the 80s nostalgia and, like you say, the easy going of it is what I enjoy. I think it has a Wonder Years vibe about it, perhaps with hints of Adventureland. The way it ended with the shooting of the advertisement and the Red Oaks titles was such a lovely moment. 

Honourable mentions also to Sam Meyers singing "Rhinestone Cowboy" on karaoke and the use of Billy Joel's "I've Loved These Days" over the credits. May have even been the same episode. 

Aye, it's definitely good, I just wanted to piss on it a bit cause I felt like it. :lol: 

Watching Ray Donovan now. Seems kind of enjoyable if ridiculous, good cast too. How the fuck has it gone 7 seasons without ever hearing of it? :huff: 

11 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Aye, it's definitely good, I just wanted to piss on it a bit cause I felt like it. :lol: 

Watching Ray Donovan now. Seems kind of enjoyable if ridiculous, good cast too. How the fuck has it gone 7 seasons without ever hearing of it? :huff: 

Love Ray Donovan 

LOD S6E5

Another pulsating episode I thought, twists and turns and characters from previous series arriving yet again! 

It seems to be pointing towards Chief Inspector Osborne now - given he covered up the Counter Terror bungle at the very start, is involved in the case Vella was investigating and is also the one behind parachuting in Carmichael to stop AC12 cracking the case. With two episodes to go though it feels a bit obvious and I feel the way Sindwahni appeared to say "I'm on your side Ted" briefly is probably designed to rule him out in our minds, I'm not so sure.

I think most people had figured out DCI Davidson was related to Tommy Hunter by virtue of the Scottish connection; so wonderful to trade that cliffhanger for another one. Wouldn't put it past Mercurio to kill off Kate for shock value but I think the twist will turn out to be that Davidson is the one who's pulled a hidden gun and shot Ryan.

Rolled my eyes and laughed at seeing James Nesbitt's holiday snaps pinned up on the AC12 boards :lol: clearly when they were filming Bloodlands Mercurio asked him if he fancied getting his boat on BBC1 again.

The side plot where (yet again) Hastings looks dodgy - I'm not so sure where that's heading tbh. Wonder if it'll be forgotten as quickly as Steve's bad back and piss tests as the main story rumbles on?

Great telly as always, it's hotting up which is great after a slowish first few episodes.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

It's very good although do feel this series is a bit of a Greatest Hits trip especially with Ted

Agree. The suckin' diesel line was completely out of place and made no sense :lol:

Beginning to feel like this should be the final season. Not due to a lack of quality this time round, but get the feeling they’ll end up jumping the shark with another. Feels like they could be building to a satisfying conclusion.

Can’t imagine they’d do that unannounced mind.

11 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Beginning to feel like this should be the final season. Not due to a lack of quality this time round, but get the feeling they’ll end up jumping the shark with another. Feels like they could be building to a satisfying conclusion.

Can’t imagine they’d do that unannounced mind.

Agree, although given this year's ratings and it being cemented as a huge hit for the Beeb I doubt they'll end it here. If they do another series they need to wrap up the H/fourth man thing and take it in another direction.

11 hours ago, Pilko said:

Agree. The suckin' diesel line was completely out of place and made no sense :lol:

He wads very good on Have I Got News For You.

Repeated the 'What have we become? Electing a proven liar to high office?' line again.

Warning to anyone else, appears BBC have managed to spoil parts of next week's episode in an earlier trailer.

Also, something that was apparently in this week's ep - but I didn't pick up on & not seen mentioned, so in spoilers below.

Spoiler

Jo's not just Tommy's daughter, but from an incestuous relationship?!

6 hours ago, Anderson said:

Warning to anyone else, appears BBC have managed to spoil parts of next week's episode in an earlier trailer.

Also, something that was apparently in this week's ep - but I didn't pick up on & not seen mentioned, so in spoilers below.

Hide contents

Jo's not just Tommy's daughter, but from an incestuous relationship?!

This was mentioned verbally but you’d need Biology expertise to have picked up on it