What are you watching right now?

Stand by the opinion that, as a self-contained piece of television, the tale of Nikki and Paulo's demise (ie that one episode) was actually really clever and delightfully dark. But then I've not watched it in ~10 years. In any case it was the writers who fucked up their story (in the context of the wider show), not the actors shirley? 

I started watching it with the older kid, was a good way to get back into it cause I wasn't pure cynical as seems to be the norm these days. LOST that is. As an episode you're probably right, but also nah. :lol: 

Wasn't all that thrilled by it, wasn't awful but I honestly can't remember anything from it and only watched it about a month ago. 

No idea how Homeland is still going. Insane how stuff like that last 8 seasons, but Wayne can't even get a second. 

57 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Fawlty Towers again, comedy gold, not surprised they only done 12 episodes, Cleese would have had a break-down. British comedy (any comedy) at its finest. Gonna rewatch The Young Ones again soon as well.

Top writing, great casting, and ahead of it's time - at the time - if you know what I mean.

I still smile to myself when I think of The Builder episode with David Kelly as the builder. Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

Top writing, great casting, and ahead of it's time - at the time - if you know what I mean.

I still smile to myself when I think of The Builder episode with David Kelly as the builder. Brilliant.

Aye it’s class mate, I was howling last few days rewatching it. 

On 06/04/2021 at 19:04, Pilko said:

Agree that this series of TM feels flat. The two birds add absolutely nowt and Lee Mack doesn't get involved as much as he should. Mike Wozniak and the Asian fella are canny but it just feels a bit awkward and stilted.

I think it might just be because of the social distancing and lack of audience.  Last season wasn't great either, and would probably have been a disaster if it wasn't for Johnny Vegas.  Wozniak and Maddix (who isn't actually Asian) are decent, but it doesn't feel like the right format for Lee Mack.  Hasn't really felt the same since it left Dave.

Wozniak is class. The standout by a mile. 

The Aussie lass is weird and not in a good way. Her tasks have been alright but her studio banter is shiiiiiit.

Lee Mack has been alright but as above, the studio stuff has just been a bit weak.

Maddix is filling the role as "The one that kicks off" alright but he's suffering from nobody really challenging him (the balloon task was bullshit and he should have been savaged for that by Greg and the other contestants).

Charlotte Richie is just massively out of her element. Seems canny enough but hasn't really cottoned on that it's supposed to be a comedy show yet.

Edited by Papavasiliou
9 hours ago, Troll said:

I think it might just be because of the social distancing and lack of audience.  Last season wasn't great either, and would probably have been a disaster if it wasn't for Johnny Vegas.  Wozniak and Maddix (who isn't actually Asian) are decent, but it doesn't feel like the right format for Lee Mack.  Hasn't really felt the same since it left Dave.

Agree with this. Watched 2 episodes of last series and it was just flat, the distancing kills it. Not bothered with any since. Seems like the guests are a bit more 'Channel 4' now as well, which never bodes terribly well. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar
On 09/04/2021 at 11:25, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Agree with this. Watched 2 episodes of last series and it was just flat, the distancing kills it. Not bothered with any since. Seems like the guests are a bit more 'Channel 4' now as well, which never bodes terribly well. 

It feels like they used up a lot of the usual suspects in earlier series, before they realised it was going to be long running, and now they're having to ration the bigger names.  Unfortunately that leaves us with sitcom actors and lesser known comedians who can be very hit or miss.

Finished Kingdom. Pretty average overall but a really strong finish. Points deducted for a random 20 episode season 2. 

Your Honor. Waste of talent. Clearly half shot over Zoom too. And I'll never not love Cranston but he's a bit crap sometimes. He's overly fond of a monologue.

River hunters. Documentary series where they go to rivers which were the scenes of historic battles and use metal detectors to find relics and interesting stuff.

If you like your history and just some easy to watch intrigue, have a look. 

They did the tyne and the wear in the first series, so there is some local interest there too.