33 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

A coworker tipped me off around 5pm that a local clinic had extra doses and to get down there asap. Got me that sweet sweet Moderna. Best I’ve felt in such a long time.

Hell yeah, welcome to the club.

Although in a post-vaccine world I'm absolutely proposing a war fought down the lines of which vaccine you got. Pfizer gang rise up

Edited by Ameritoon

The wife had her 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday (NHS worker), and she's been ok so far. She felt ropey the night of her first one, but see if she has a delayed reaction today/this weekend.

EU leaders discussing the introduction of a Digital Green Certificate in order to get travel moving across Europe and want it in place for the summer.

If the EU rollout of the vaccine is anything to go by, they'll be lucky to have this up and running by autumn.

It's possible this is because the sun has barely come out in a week, but since I got the pfizer shot I've slept 9+ hours each night. Usually I get 7 1/2, takes me hours to fully wake up before I crash again the afternoon. Dreams have been extra wild, too.

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

EU leaders discussing the introduction of a Digital Green Certificate in order to get travel moving across Europe and want it in place for the summer.

If the EU rollout of the vaccine is anything to go by, they'll be lucky to have this up and running by autumn.

Has their actual roll out been that bad technically or is it just a basic lack of vaccines ?

Mainly a supply problem I think. From what I've read the systems in place are generally ready to go.

They'll have bigger problems with take-up than we have had though. France in particular has a lot of anti-vaxxers. 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Mainly a supply problem I think. From what I've read the systems in place are generally ready to go.

They'll have bigger problems with take-up than we have had though. France in particular has a lot of anti-vaxxers. 

Our take up rate has been higher than originally expected I think. Once people see others getting it, they stop being dafties. A member of my family was adamant she wasn't having it, we didn't try and convince her, just let her get on with it while all our other family of similar age got done. She quietly went and got it earlier this week.

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Our take up rate has been higher than originally expected I think. Once people see others getting it, they stop being dafties. A member of my family was adamant she wasn't having it, we didn't try and convince her, just let her get on with it while all our other family of similar age got done. She quietly went and got it earlier this week.

Yeah, my sister and aunt, both nurses, said that they wouldn't have it early on due to being concerned about it being rushed through trials. Both completely changed their tune now it's here.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, my sister and aunt, both nurses, said that they wouldn't have it early on due to being concerned about it being rushed through trials. Both completely changed their tune now it's here.

I was the same, I said I was concerned about the same but I just thought fuck it, I'll not be able to go on holiday without it probably. 

20 minutes ago, madras said:

Has their actual roll out been that bad technically or is it just a basic lack of vaccines ?

The most successful large countries have been the US and the UK.  Both countries invested heavily and ensured their own companies would be producing vaccines, and brokered deals early to source them.  The EU waited around to see which vaccines were effective before buying them (they turned down 500m Pfizer doses in July, and then bought some in January) so they ended up at the back of the queue.  They've saved money, but at what cost?

55 minutes ago, Troll said:

The most successful large countries have been the US and the UK.  Both countries invested heavily and ensured their own companies would be producing vaccines, and brokered deals early to source them.  The EU waited around to see which vaccines were effective before buying them (they turned down 500m Pfizer doses in July, and then bought some in January) so they ended up at the back of the queue.  They've saved money, but at what cost?

I suppose you could add in that each EU country could, as well as the EU supplies, organise its own supplies to go along with EU ones but few did.

1 hour ago, madras said:

If the UK and US hadn't put export stops on their vaccines (while still getting doses from the EU), it would have been a lot more successful. EU are now threatening to stop export to the likes of the UK for this reason. 

Sweden has the capacity to give out 1.2m vaccines a week (population of 10m), problem is we're only getting about 250k doses a week. Looks like that might scale up after Easter to over 500k a week though.

29 minutes ago, madras said:

I suppose you could add in that each EU country could, as well as the EU supplies, organise its own supplies to go along with EU ones but few did.

They could but it was frowned upon I think, or at least was at the start

26 minutes ago, Nobody said:

If the UK and US hadn't put export stops on their vaccines (while still getting doses from the EU), it would have been a lot more successful. EU are now threatening to stop export to the likes of the UK for this reason. 

Sweden has the capacity to give out 1.2m vaccines a week (population of 10m), problem is we're only getting about 250k doses a week. Looks like that might scale up after Easter to over 500k a week though.

A bit more complicated than that. UK had a priority deal with AZ and as much as I think that's wrong and ultimately counterproductive it is there. If the EU wish to stop AZ exporting vaccine to UK then UK will retaliate by stopping the exports of ingredientsto make the vaccine.

AZ are at the root if it really and it seems like an embargo was never really on as the Comission can sabre rattle all it wants it never seemed likely to pass the Council of Ministers.

3 hours ago, Troll said:

Successful in terms of vaccine provision.

Utter genocidal disaster when it came to saving lives initially . Both governments.

Killers' remorse.