MLB - 2021 - Opening Day!

I’m just being petty and childish really, but I enjoyed this:

https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/donald-trump-baseball-high-school-nyma.html

"Trump, who played first base, wrote that “being a pro was in the equation” until he attended a tryout with “another young kid named Willie McCovey.” Apparently, the sight of the future Hall of Famer in action convinced him to give up baseball for good.

As for Willie McCovey, he was eight years older than Trump. When Trump was a senior in high school, McCovey was in his fifth year in the major leagues and already an All-Star. "

I like to see a baseball hit and the fielder catch it in his mitt…

I like to hear the crowd give cheers, so loud and noisy to my ears.

When the score is 5-5, I feel like I could cry. And when they get another run, I feel like I could die.

Then the catcher makes an error, not a bit like Yogi Berra.

The game is over and we say tomorrow is another day.

I read this in Mac to Chase Utley voice.

Like seeing people torque those high fastballs. Was the shit I would chase and strike out on more often than not :lol:

I'm going to assume this is just a Vlad video? :lol:

It also contains the classic home run off of canseco's roided up bonce. :lol:

Man I had some good times at Hanwha Eagles games. Atmosphere always great and people just really getting into it SNF supporting the the team. It was how I imagine live sports events were way back in the past, before half the crowd became cynical dickheads :lol:

I went once to see Busan's team but the fact they were named after a multinational conglomerate didn't really enamor me to continue supporting.

I never got over that aspect. I'd ask Korean people where Doosan (or whoever) were based and they didn't know. Just knew them as Samsung, LG or whatever. Had no interest then really.

I went once to see Busan's team but the fact they were named after a multinational conglomerate didn't really enamor me to continue supporting.

I never got over that aspect. I'd ask Korean people where Doosan (or whoever) were based and they didn't know. Just knew them as Samsung, LG or whatever. Had no interest then really.

I just need to hear a ball hit a bat. Best sound in sports.

• 4 weeks later...
  • cubaricho changed the title to MLB - 2021 - Opening Day!