Apex Legends (PC, Xbox One, PS4)

Been playing duos a fair bit with my brother... can't really tell if I'm improving. For every 3 or 4 kill game I get a couple of 0 ones.

Still a really well-designed and fun game though, now they've fixed all the crashing.

They actually weren't horrible despite the stats. The octane was somehow always 2nd to fights though and the rev dropped totem in smart places for some braindead pushes. I was just absolutely channeling Shiv full on that game too :lol:

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's incredible. I've still got 1900 as my highest, 9 kills (which is incredibly rare). Doesn't seem possible to do better than that :lol:

Any tips more than welcome.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I'm no expert but I think for higher damage/kill games rotations matter as much as anything to make sure you get in enough fights. That said, my highest kill game isn't especially high so there's probably something I'm missing.

Shooting from distance with something like a sniper or G7 makes it easier to farm damage too as the fights get so much more drawn out with it being easier to heal, obviously that's not a good method for high kill games though

Yeah, my highest damage game of around 2300 was with a Longbow mostly just being annoying and hitting shields over and over again. Only had about 6 kills.

Tried this again for a bit a few weeks back, still struggle to play it consistently after playing Warzone tbh. The scale and variety of the latter's map, the contracts, the different ways of playing, the vehicles, the lack of consistent 3rd partying, generally just the variety of the experience in total. Apex still has much better and skillful gun play and movement though.  

Had a 2930 damage game with Horizon tonight, so close to getting the 3k badge with her. The last enemy had a gold knockdown too, if my mate had let me finish her rather than him doing the finisher I'd have had it but I hadn't realised how close to the 3k I was to call it

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2021 at 13:22, SEMTEX said:

“Arenas” announced as well, which I’m assuming is basically a standard death match format but I’m too lazy to google. 

Looks pretty good. 3v3 round-based elimination, with a buy mode. basically like Valorant/CSGO. I think it'd be better with bigger teams though.

Legitimately the only thing I want now is a solo-queue only ladder. Stalled out mid-plat because so many lobbies are 10+ teams of 3-stacks and I lack the skills to overcome their improved teamwork :lol:

Edited by thomas

I managed to get to diamond solo this season but I usually drop out mid plat for the same reason. Can't see them ever adding in solo-queue ranked though. I'm looking forward to the new arena mode though, I think that's getting a separate ranked queue too isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Ginola said:

Everyone will drop with a common shield, helmet, knockdown, 2 cells and 2 syringes next season, similar to the locked and loaded event. I'm a fan of this

Source