The Wrestling Thread - #MeTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

23 minutes ago, Mole said:

Reality is there's too much talent on that roster for it to truly suck, it's just a shame that they seem to know it and half ass creative week to week.

Knowing people will likely watch out of morbid curiosity anyway.

That's where I was coming at with the 5/10. I can appreciate that a match like Sheamus vs Riddle could technically be a good match but for me where is the build going into that match? It's been a few weeks long because prior to that Sheamus was involved in the Lashley & McIntyre feud. For me there's no real interest in seeing that match, particularly after I saw Sheamus beat Riddle on TV the other week.

Big E vs Crews. I saw that on the last PPV. It was shambolic at best and Big E won. What incentive do I have to see that again? I'm not even sure I want to go into what they have done to Crews character.

Even Lashley vs McIntyre is doing nothing for me. Arguably both are at the best they have ever been but the booking has killed it for me. It feels like they hot shotted the belt onto Lashley to give McIntyre a Lesnar alternative to beat at Wrestlemania. If that's the case then I'll be really disappointed because Lashley looked legit for a few weeks until they made another bizarre hot shot of the tag belts onto the New Day and broke up the Hurt Business to the benefit of absolutely nobody. The whole thing feels a bit too much like a repeat of last year for me. I've no doubt it will be entertaining viewing for most people though, and I respect that.

What I think disappoints me the most is that there is no match on here like a Michaels vs Angle or a Michaels vs Jericho or a Hart vs Austin where you have that feeling of a big feud coming to an end. Not even a title at stake but some sort of long-running feud that is going to peak with a match on this card that you just know will excel in terms of ring work but also story-telling. Maybe I'm being too critical and maybe I've already seen that match earlier in the week with Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole so I shouldn't really complain.

Nah you're not wrong, the build is incredibly important and it's something they clearly don't take too seriously anymore.

It's a shame because if the build was good it would just make those matches feel so much better.

Oh well i guess.

No idea who many of these guys are but (a) it's Mania, (b) it's a stadium with fans. Have to see this.

Of course, first event with them in over a year and they finally hit WrestleMania rain :lol:

Womens tag aside (which felt like it was a pre show match on the main show)

Everything delivered imo, some were better than they had any right to be.

I really enjoyed that main event sasha, bianca match. Sometimes feels like the women's main events are forced as wwe want to appear to be pushing their women equally to men and the matches don't feel worthy, but this felt like it belonged as a last match. 

Is Bad Bunny even a thing in the UK?

Enjoyed the show but coming into anything with low expectations always helps! Other than the womens tag which should have just been a ladder tag, or not a thing at all, it was a really solid show. No 5 star matches but the best WWE main roster PPV of the year.

I was a fan of the 2 night Mania last year and so far so good this year. It just feels like less of a slog, more people get highlighted without sitting for 7 hours and getting fatigued. Not sure about two night takeover and two night mania in the same week though. Do a two night Takeover around Summerslam or something. 

Decent show and I enjoyed it but they can fuck off with still piping in the shit crowd noise even when they have fans. Was ridiculous in the Bad Bunny match and the women’s main event, takes me right out of it. That shit is going to be here forever now they’ve figured out how to do it isn’t it, absolute bollocks

47 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Decent show and I enjoyed it but they can fuck off with still piping in the shit crowd noise even when they have fans. Was ridiculous in the Bad Bunny match and the women’s main event, takes me right out of it. That shit is going to be here forever now they’ve figured out how to do it isn’t it, absolute bollocks

Yeah. Used to do it before they went live on smackdown if I remember. Spoils it watching back now thinking that some of the reactions probably weren't genuine. 

Imagine if they didn't have to organically get people over and can just manipulate the crowd noise. Roman and cena would have had nothing but cheers during those times they were hated. Probably Vince's wet dream 😂

Alexa Bliss is magnificent, like. In every way.

Tuning in once per year, kinda wish I tuned in more for The Fiend, conspiracy nut Sami Zayn, heel Reigns etc. Looks like there's some good stuff amongst the crap.

Assume they'll just make Ripley job out to Flair soon then.

Please god let this be the end of the Orton-Wyatt feud. Bliss is absolutely amazing, in every way, but keep Orton out of it now please.

Also, why no match for Bayley?

Thought a lot of night 2 was rushed but the main event was fantastic (probably the best since 30) so i didn't really care about the rest of it by the end.

Edited by Mole