Irrational and weird thoughts...

dunno if this counts but often wonder what would it be like if the earth just exploded/got sucked into a masive black hole/vortex or something

would it be over before you realised or would gravity disappear and we would all go floating off into the sky etc along with everything else not tied down

dunno if this counts but often wonder what would it be like if the earth just exploded/got sucked into a masive black hole/vortex or something

would it be over before you realised or would gravity disappear and we would all go floating off into the sky etc along with everything else not tied down

The force required to make the Earth just "explode" would be phenomenal.  If it was big enough to destroy the planet (remember that gravity is holding it all together too, so it'd need to be big enough to overcome that), it would be big enough that it killed everything instantly.  The only realistic way that could happen is collision with a larger object.

If we got sucked into a black hole, gravity wouldn't disappear, the opposite in fact.  It'd kill you just as quickly, spaghettifying everything that went through it.  Either that or send you to the fifth dimension.

The force required to make the Earth just "explode" would be phenomenal.  If it was big enough to destroy the planet (remember that gravity is holding it all together too, so it'd need to be big enough to overcome that), it would be big enough that it killed everything instantly.  The only realistic way that could happen is collision with a larger object.

If we got sucked into a black hole, gravity wouldn't disappear, the opposite in fact.  It'd kill you just as quickly, spaghettifying everything that went through it.  Either that or send you to the fifth dimension.

Was a reddit question the other day about that. The consensus was that it would more or less reform due to gravity pulling everything back.
  • 2 months later...
Guest firetotheworks

That's a good one.

One that I get all the time is 'in an alternative universe I crossed the road and got knocked over and killed' every time I cross the road.

Whenever I walk through an underpass I often wonder if someone is going to drop a breezeblock (or similar) on my head as I emerge from the other side.

Aye, every time.

This has occurred to me on the motorway with those foot bridges, particularly if you actually see someone walking over.

Whenever I walk through an underpass I often wonder if someone is going to drop a breezeblock (or similar) on my head as I emerge from the other side.

Aye, every time.

This has occurred to me on the motorway with those foot bridges, particularly if you actually see someone walking over.

Especially when you read about it in the news as well. Must take a special kind of numbskull to throw bricks at cars, mind.

• 3 months later...

I've noticed lately that when I'm crossing a road, even if I've triple checked that nothing is coming I'll still brace myself slightly in case a vehicle appears out of nowhere and mows me down.

Guest firetotheworks

I've noticed lately that when I'm crossing a road, even if I've triple checked that nothing is coming I'll still brace myself slightly in case a vehicle appears out of nowhere and mows me down.

I do that too Jill. Quite often do the 'In an alternate universe, I was knocked over then' when crossing a road. It's always specifically with crossing roads as well.

I do that too Jill. Quite often do the 'In an alternate universe, I was knocked over then' when crossing a road. It's always specifically with crossing roads as well.

Yay, it's not just me.

I feel like because it could have been one of those "she never saw it coming" :( events I want to have a little moment of being ready, even though if I get wiped out no-one will ever know that I was prepared. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Really fucking worry about my memory at times like.

That's a good one.

One that I get all the time is 'in an alternative universe I crossed the road and got knocked over and killed' every time I cross the road.

• 5 years later...

Yeah, some great posts. My lass and I have been getting into this recently, i.e. just doing shit without too much thought. No killing or owt, or owt that would get either of us sacked, but for instance:

On 23/05/2014 at 23:15, chicago_shearer said:

When someone is talking to me when holding a drink or plate in their hands, I sometimes can't stop thinking about knocking it on the floor for no real reason.

She did this to me last night (glass of water). Was funny as fuck. 

The only rule is "before you do it, think a bit, just not too much." So weigh up the risks to some extent but if you reckon the coast is more-or-less clear, aye, I'm grabbing your hand and shoving it in the Clover. 

On 03/06/2014 at 13:39, TaylorJ_01 said:

Things like this too. Just seen the headline:

"Boy critical after being hit by car"

Started giggling to myself at the thought of him saying "now that wasn't very good driving" and "did you really need to hit me". Guy besides me asks what I'm laughing at and looks at my screen.

:lol: :lol:

Just snorted badly at this. 

On 26/05/2014 at 05:54, Jill said:

I was walking past a group of kids yesterday afternoon and had an overwhelming urge to just shout "fucking cunt" in one of their faces then continue walking as if it hadn't happened.

:lol: