Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

:lol: Is it wrong that I want that game more than any other game?

Never seen much anime tbh.. nearest I've got is half an episode of Afro Samurai but that game looks good, might be worth seeing a couple of episodes to get the feel for it.

Do you love or hate Japan btw? I really can't tell :lol:

:lol: Hate Japan? I don't hate Japan, man.

I think the anime might be too silly to see for the first time as an adult, it might be a childhood thing. You could find a torrent for the movie in like five seconds, though.

Ken was the man, man. Can't even elaborate, total nostalgia explosion looking at that video.

Xbox 360 Update To Allow USB HDD?

Microsoft may be planning to issue a firmware update to Xbox 360s that would allow the console support the use of external hard drives.

Joystiq claims to have unearthed documentation, which it says was confirmed by multiple sources, that may prove Microsoft is planning the significant update.

Due to "increased market penetration of high-capacity, high throughput USB mass storage devices, a 2010 Xbox 360 system update" will allow users to save and load data from plug in devices, reads the documentation.

The documentation notes: “USB storage devices may, however, have far greater memory capacity than MUs (Memory Units) and may therefore support previously infeasible operations-such as installation of a full disc-based title."

If true this would be a very popular update for consumers, allowing saved games, DLC and even full games to be put on a relatively cheap external drive rather than paying for an Xbox 360 specific HDD. The implication of this move would be that Microsoft is moving out of the Memory Unit business while maintaining its lucrative HDD sales.

However, scepticism is peaked by the fact that Microsoft pushed through an update with the specific intention of rendering third party memory devises useless only last October.

From my usual source.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox-360-update-to-allow-usb-hdd

Interesting....  Hope they do this.

:lol: Is it wrong that I want that game more than any other game?

No, I want it that much too.

:frantic:

O0

:lol:

:lol: I can tell you watched the hell out of it back then too. :thup:

I only saw the movie version, I didn't know there was a series until ages later. But that movie, man. God. :lol: So good.

:lol: Hate Japan? I don't hate Japan, man.

I think the anime might be too silly to see for the first time as an adult, it might be a childhood thing. You could find a torrent for the movie in like five seconds, though.

Ken was the man, man. Can't even elaborate, total nostalgia explosion looking at that video.

But Bayonetta was too Japanese? Then we find out you bum anime  :no:

:lol: It was! That bullshit Devil May Cry over reliance upon combos over actual gameplay or a good story. Then all the goddamn creepy "Oh, I'm nude!" moments. It was too Japanese.

I grew up on Anime, man. Akira and Fist were heavy in the rotation around these parts. You were out of the childhood conversations back then if you didn't get the references.

I watched the movie back in the early 90's as a teen.  Was fucking awesome, couldn't believe how hardcore it was.  In around 2002 my mate bought me the DVD collection which had 6 DVD's with 6 episodes on each.  It was a long version of the movie with many other stories chucked in - over 20 hour worth.  All manga with twisted drum & bass sounds/music for atmoshphere plus in English.  Best DVD pack I've ever owned.  There is one episode where Kenshiro takes on a fucking tank, and kicks & punches the shit out of it.  There's a clip on Youtube, just type in Kenshiro vs Tank :lol:

Reliance upon combos over actual gameplay? That doesn't even make sense, surely awesome combat and combos classifys as good gameplay?

She never got nude man, and you only played one chapter, not near enough to comment on the story :lol:  

:lol: I said I was going to give it another chance. I will.

Games going nuts over big combos never appealed to me. It feels like some pinball shit. Take a fighter like Batman, combos were encouraged, but the fighting was so solid that it didn't matter whether or not you kept the hits going. Bayonetta looks really good if you get the combos down, but you really don't need to. You can (I assume) spam a 1-2 and get through the game. That's not really gameplay, imo.

I watched the movie back in the early 90's as a teen.  Was fucking awesome, couldn't believe how hardcore it was.  In around 2002 my mate bought me the DVD collection which had 6 DVD's with 6 episodes on each.  It was a long version of the movie with many other stories chucked in - over 20 hour worth.  All manga with twisted drum & bass sounds/music for atmoshphere plus in English.  Best DVD pack I've ever owned.  There is one episode where Kenshiro takes on a fucking tank, and kicks & punches the shit out of it.  There's a clip on Youtube, just type in Kenshiro vs Tank :lol:

Was the first movie I ever legitimately bought. Cost me thirty bucks, had to be about ten years old. Watched it that night because I was sick of my friends talking about it and leaving me out. Blew my mind. Rei, man. :smitten:

but you really don't need to. You can (I assume) spam a 1-2 and get through the game. That's not really gameplay, imo.

Whilst Batman's combat was very good, it's not a patch on Bayonetta's.  There's not a chance in hell you'd get through the game with 1 or two combo's on hard or climax.

Still don't understand the 'not really gameplay' comment,  you'll get out of any combat game what you put into it.. you could probably get through Batman or North star with 1 or 2 combos, but there's a bigger system to learn (assume there will be with North star) if you put the time in to learn it as there was with Batman, when the AA demo came out the combat seemed very shallow to most, but once you spent some time with it you figured it was a pretty deep system.

Games going nuts over big combos never appealed to me. It feels like some pinball shit. Take a fighter like Batman, combos were encouraged, but the fighting was so solid that it didn't matter whether or not you kept the hits going. Bayonetta looks really good if you get the combos down, but you really don't need to. You can (I assume) spam a 1-2 and get through the game. That's not really gameplay, imo.

Isn't that the same thing btw?  :shifty:

Bayonettas combat is so much more than just spamming one or two buttons. For a game that looks so focused on offence, defence is absolutely vital if you want to make it past some of the more difficult battles. If you just keep spamming your attack buttons, you'll soon enough get hit, and getting hit fucking hurts in that game. Learning to time your witch time dodges perfectly and then knowing how to make the most out of it to build up to a torture attack is crucial. Just a shame I never excelled in it, leaving me with mostly stone statues after each chapter :lol:

The story is fucking ludicrous tbh, I honestly had no idea what happened most of the time. That was okay though, the set pieces that are presented are well worth it. It's a bit like Modern Warfare 2 in that regard, which also had a craptastic story.

The "nudity" did feel a bit unnecessary and bothered me a bit at first, but a couple of hours in, I just blanked it.

Bayonettas combat is so much more than just spamming one or two buttons. For a game that looks so focused on offence, defence is absolutely vital if you want to make it past some of the more difficult battles. If you just keep spamming your attack buttons, you'll soon enough get hit, and getting hit fucking hurts in that game. Learning to time your witch time dodges perfectly and then knowing how to make the most out of it to build up to a torture attack is crucial. Just a shame I never excelled in it, leaving me with mostly stone statues after each chapter :lol:

Go through it on hard, that's when you reallly learn, think I'll finish the last difficulty tomorrow, your post's got me in the mood :lol:

Go through it on hard, that's when you reallly learn, think I'll finish the last difficulty tomorrow, your post's got me in the mood :lol:

Too many games and too little time now man! Got Battlefield both single and multiplayer to play, I've only scraped the surface of Bioshock 2 and Perfect Dark needs a lot more hours as well. Plus I'm getting into Left 4 Dead 2 again.

Isn't that the same thing btw?  :shifty:

:lol: It does seem that way. It's difficult to express my opinion on this Basically, a western game like Batman had something to offer other than the combat. If you didn't care for the combat in Bayonetta, there was no reason to play.