Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

Ah shit, didn’t realise there had been problems. I was looking forward to this.

What’s gone on?

Lead writer and creative directors were fired... 2019 I think. Then the new creative director left last year. As well as countless delays with another one being announced just recently.

My guess is that the development was going nowhere fast. Hence why they were dropped.

Paradox has said that they have given the project to a different studio, but I'm having my doubt that the game will get anywhere.

At least not anytime soon.

Ah shit, didn’t realise there had been problems. I was looking forward to this.

What’s gone on?

Lead writer and creative directors were fired... 2019 I think. Then the new creative director left last year. As well as countless delays with another one being announced just recently.

My guess is that the development was going nowhere fast. Hence why they were dropped.

Paradox has said that they have given the project to a different studio, but I'm having my doubt that the game will get anywhere.

At least not anytime soon.

Cheers. Disappointing.

Haven't played any of them, but my vote goes to Half Life: Alyx. It sounds like it's the obly game to offer a completely new experience, which is what awards are for.

Last of Us 2. Like that 95% of people who do not like the game, say that it is because Abby is Transgender. When you point out that it's wrong, you're in the Woke community

Last of Us 2. Like that 95% of people who do not like the game, say that it is because Abby is Transgender. When you point out that it's wrong, you're in the Woke community

Lev, not Abby. :lol: Abby is just a tank.

I know, but when you read what some people are writing...

"This game sucks! You play a transgender, so I refuse to give ND money!! -10/10!"

"This game sucks! You play a transgender, so I refuse to give ND money!! -10/10!"

Right enough? :lol: I thought it was review bombed early because of the leaks showing that

Joel dies

It is such a wonderful game and is quite clearly the game of the year. It'll sweep these awards.

I've played 1-2 hours of Hades, but none of the other. Been a pretty awful year as far as new titles goes.

Curse of the Dead Gods seems to be another good game in the same mould.

A good portion of people are probably like that, but I think there's a lot of people labeled in the same category that simply doesn't like the pretentiousness of the game from a company clearly virtue signalling to boost their sales.

As Froggy also pointed out, a lot of the controversy is also about the marketing that deliberately misled fans of the series.

Personally I'm never playing a game with zombies again. Just sick of them appearing in what feels like at least 70% of games that's been launched the last 20 years :lol:

That being said, it will easily win the award.

I don’t really know much about TLoU or this issue specifically, but is “virtue signalling” or inclusion of a trans character really going to boost or depress sales of a computer game? The audience is not famous for its wokeness.

Maybe they just thought it was the right thing to do?

If you think so then you have more faith in the video game industry then I have :lol:

You maybe right and I shouldn't have used the word "clearly", but I highly doubt it is the case.

Guest chicken little

simply doesn't like the pretentiousness of the game from a company clearly virtue signalling to boost their sales.

going to stick my neck out and say that approaching 100% of people saying stuff like this are full of shite, and they absolutely are bothered about their computer games being ruined by the presence of people whose mere existence offends them. 2021 version of "i've nothing against the gays i just don't see why i should have it rammed down my throat"

I thought TLOU2 was just "okay" like. Cinematically it was obviously great, but as a game it felt pretty dated and didn't improve on the first one. Can see why some people like it and some don't, away from the controversies.

My biggest "woke" issue at the moment is the inclusion of trans characters in the new Harry Potter game. A transperson is transition between genders, i.e. a female to male or male to female - not someone wanting to just be inbetween. Anyway, my point being, when selecting your gender in the Harry Potter game, wouldn't the transperson playing just choose the gender they identified as? Why would they need to be playing a transitioning wizard? I have no issues with representation, but this is clearly just a reaction to Rowling being a massive transphobic person and not necessary.