Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

they met through the internet and the case is being considered a homicide. "According to data collected by the IPEA's Atlas of Violence 2020, in 2018 a woman was murdered in Brazil every two hours, totaling 4,519 victims"

Fucking hell, Brazil.

Dirt 5 and Cricket 19 added to Xbox Game Pass :thup:

Downloading Dirt 5 now, not expecting much, heard it's very much a 6/10 arcade racer.

Cricket 19 is pretty good though. Had a lot of work on it over the last 18 months and although I haven't played it recently I hear it's a decent enough game if cricket's your thing.

Dirt 5 and Cricket 19 added to Xbox Game Pass :thup:

Downloading Dirt 5 now, not expecting much, heard it's very much a 6/10 arcade racer.

Cricket 19 is pretty good though. Had a lot of work on it over the last 18 months and although I haven't played it recently I hear it's a decent enough game if cricket's your thing.

I'm getting more tempted to sell my PS5 and switch to Xbox with stuff like this.

Sony is winding down its oldest first-party studio - Japan Studio

According to sources, this decision, in part, stems from the development studio not being profitable enough in recent years and having a Japan-first development mentality.

The "vast majority" of Sony Japan Studio's development staff has been let go by the company, their annual contracts not renewed ahead of the company's next business year. However, localization and business staff will remain intact

The company had a Japan-first development mentality at a time when Sony was aiming to release games that appealed to a global market. Similarly, as the outlet points out, this news also comes as Sony restructures itself internally, moving power to its United States headquarters from its home country of Japan.

Key people with Sony Japan Studio have recently taken to Twitter to announce they're leaving the company, including Bloodborne producer Masaaki Yamagiwa.

Since it was founded in the mid-1990s, Sony Japan Studio has been responsible for the development of series such as Gravity Rush and Ape Escape. It also has helped in the development of games like Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, ICO and The Last Guardian.

SIE-Japan-Studio_05-25-21.jpg

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/02/25/report-sony-is-scaling-back-its-japan-studio-letting-go-of-majority-of-staff

Dirt 5 is pretty shit imo. Going 120mph through some wet mud? No worries, just tap the break to come to an instant standstill. Hairpin coming up and going to fast? Just slow down 5mph and you'll float around the corner with ease.

Not that it matters to me, but the graphics are nowt special either. And the festival radio blokes? Don't get me started.

Not a patch on Forza Horizon. Hopefully EA can do something different with the series. It's been 6/10 since Dirt 2 imo.

FF7 Remake one the free games for PS+ in march.

Surprised at that like. Might be because the exclusivity deal for Playstation expires this year, an Xbox version is heavily rumoured.

Sony is winding down its oldest first-party studio - Japan Studio

According to sources, this decision, in part, stems from the development studio not being profitable enough in recent years and having a Japan-first development mentality.

The "vast majority" of Sony Japan Studio's development staff has been let go by the company, their annual contracts not renewed ahead of the company's next business year. However, localization and business staff will remain intact

The company had a Japan-first development mentality at a time when Sony was aiming to release games that appealed to a global market. Similarly, as the outlet points out, this news also comes as Sony restructures itself internally, moving power to its United States headquarters from its home country of Japan.

Key people with Sony Japan Studio have recently taken to Twitter to announce they're leaving the company, including Bloodborne producer Masaaki Yamagiwa.

Since it was founded in the mid-1990s, Sony Japan Studio has been responsible for the development of series such as Gravity Rush and Ape Escape. It also has helped in the development of games like Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, ICO and The Last Guardian.

SIE-Japan-Studio_05-25-21.jpg

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/02/25/report-sony-is-scaling-back-its-japan-studio-letting-go-of-majority-of-staff

Disappointing to here. Rumours had been circulating about Sony and its weird anti Japan stance this new generation.

Looking forward to this.

Well this is absolutely fucking nails, so they've got that bit of the originals right.

Is this going to cost me my pro controller in frustration? The original was just horrible at times and the little snippets of this look very similar, if not worse...

Hardsuit Labs has been dropped from Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2. Can't say that I'm surprised considering how much trouble there has been with the development.

Ah shit, didn’t realise there had been problems. I was looking forward to this.

What’s gone on?