Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

I can't remember the last time Nintendo announced something that genuinely excited me.

They go back to the same shit again and again, which is fine if you like it but if you don't you're shit out of luck.

I can't remember the last time Nintendo announced something that genuinely excited me.

They go back to the same shit again and again, which is fine if you like it but if you don't you're shit out of luck.

13th June 2017 when they announced Metroid Prime 4. Almost 4 years later there hasn't been as much as a trailer. Regardless of development issues and changing studios etc that's a long time to see nothing at all. Not that I expected to see it in this Direct at all mind.

My current Internet connection for my Xbox is absolute aids; it fluctuates like fuck. Seems like it picks and chooses when to be decent, even when people elsewhere in the house are streaming and/or using the Internet. Like the day before yesterday it was perfect, no lagging or owt to being absolutely awful yesterday and today. Does anyone have a solution as to what the fuck is going on? :lol: It's never been like this until this winter and doing things like turning the router on and off, port forwarding, clearing the MAC address, manually switching ports don't work or sometimes just make it worse. Kill iz. :lol:

aaand it's already starting > 5 minutes late :lol: :lol: edit: 15 minutes now :lol: there we go

They're going to absolutely fuck everything up. No overwatch 2 or diablo 4 this year, literally nothing to tide anyone over.

My current Internet connection for my Xbox is absolute aids; it fluctuates like fuck. Seems like it picks and chooses when to be decent, even when people elsewhere in the house are streaming and/or using the Internet. Like the day before yesterday it was perfect, no lagging or owt to being absolutely awful yesterday and today. Does anyone have a solution as to what the fuck is going on? :lol: It's never been like this until this winter and doing things like turning the router on and off, port forwarding, clearing the MAC address, manually switching ports don't work or sometimes just make it worse. Kill iz. :lol:

Try this and click view results.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Should bring up 3 bars and show your ping under load. You want all 3 to be a similar level with very small maxes. On my virgin router I was getting ping spikes of about 300 :lol:

I did a lot of testing and found setting my QOS to around 60% upload and 40% download is by far the best in terms of latency for me.

For the Xbox I'd just set it in DMZ mode too.

Try looking at WiFi channels too. If a lot of neighbours etc are running 2.4 band in the same channel it can cause a lot of interference. I just disable mine and only use 5ghz, causes a lot less issues.

Why are developers so afraid of the word politics, it's not a bad thing.

Some of the best games of all time had heavy amount in them, if it makes sense for your game then lean into it.

Why are developers so afraid of the word politics, it's not a bad thing.

Some of the best games of all time had heavy amount in them, if it makes sense for your game then lean into it.

i think its because anything political these days tends to be highly divisive and is probably too much of a headache for developers/publishers to want anything to do with. There was a recent report where Jack in ME2 was originally pansexual but the Outrage from fox news etc at mass effect 1 they changed it fairly late in development

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/22/22244546/mass-effect-2-romance-jack-pansexual-fox-news