Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

Yeh, sorry...Steam VR is for Steam stuff. I don't know if GOG have their own portal. SVR loads from the Oculus portal.

Maybe you need VDT with the O2, I'm not sure :dontknow: I can't access that site without disabling my ad blocker...and esc doesn't work :lol:

I guess with VDT being only £14ish...I won't be a wasted expense.

Some of the tech on this is mindblowing, like the fact it can tell if my finger is touching a button even if I'm not pressing it, which means it reflects where my hands are on thevirtual controller and also you have a lot of granularity in terms of controlling your fingers. Like if I press the trigger my index finger grabs, if it's on the trigger but not pressing it it's in a normal position, if I take my finger off the button altogether I point.

Beat Sabre is fucking good like. Though considering how much they must be raking in with all the song packs I'm surprised it's not F2P or at least around 10 quid rather than 20 odd

It really comes into its own when you add custom songs. It's a bit of a faff, but 100% worth it.

Just to get this back to VR thread instead of NWOAT...

Do you not need a beastly machine in order to use a VR headset? As my PC is about 6/7 years old at this point, but really want a VR Headset.

Do you not need a beastly machine in order to use a VR headset? As my PC is about 6/7 years old at this point, but really want a VR Headset.

For stuff like Half Life Alyx, yes.  But headsets like the Quest 2 have all of the kit inside and are standalone and can play impressive looking and fun stuff without the need for any PC.  They're also cheaper than headsets that require PCs to run, for reasons I'm still yet to understand.

That was a lot of the discussion. The Quest 2 is a standalone VR headset with no PC connection required and completely wireless. If you've not dabbled in VR before it seems to be great.

That was a lot of the discussion. The Quest 2 is a standalone VR headset with no PC connection required and completely wireless. If you've not dabbled in VR before it seems to be great.

Also, if you do later upgrade your PC there are ways of using it with that to play PC VR.

Ooooh might have a look a look at that, as that seems like a decent entry point :thup:

Got Alyx working just through some USB cable I had lying around (not the 80 quid Oculus Link one) and fucking hell I'm genuinely amazed.

:lol: It's insane. Look on the screen and it's ok, look back in the goggles and it's fucking mind-blowing :lol: Check the details of the circuitry on your glove!

Yeh, I don't use the Oculus one. But I do use a £30 10 Gbps one.

Ooooh might have a look a look at that, as that seems like a decent entry point :thup:

And it can be hooked up to your PC if you want to try, with no risk if it doesn't really run well. Things like Vader Immortal will work on your older PC. A lot better (visually) than the version of your head-set...but the version on the head-set is still fucking great :lol:

IMHO, immersion is virtually guaranteed on VR so a lack in graphics becomes somewhat irrelevant. Until you experience Alyx on full whack, of course! :lol:

I cannot be doing with Beat Sabre...despite wanting to. It's just too frantic and bossy! :lol: Like an incessantly nagging acquaintance, child, friend, wife :lol: I can hardly breathe watching the vids :lol:

How is that facebook integration bullshit?

Personally...it's not an issue on the Quest 1. I believe it's the Quest 2 that has it more. But I'm sure the Q1 is to follow. Others will know better?

If they start to get at me I'll just sell it and get another brand.