Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

Get Half Life: Alyx

No 2D video will do it anywhere near the justice. Even when you take the headset off and look at the monitor...it's night and day. Incredible experience.

I've got the V1 of the Quest. V2 doesn't have the IPD range of my freakness :lol:

that was the one i looked for first. half life 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. i think i need to do something with a pc or something for that to work. i'm just trying to get to grips with it. been canny spaced out for the last week  :lol:

Get Half Life: Alyx

No 2D video will do it anywhere near the justice. Even when you take the headset off and look at the monitor...it's night and day. Incredible experience.

I've got the V1 of the Quest. V2 doesn't have the IPD range of my freakness :lol:

that was the one i looked for first. half life 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. i think i need to do something with a pc or something for that to work. i'm just trying to get to grips with it. been canny spaced out for the last week  :lol:

If your talking about the age of the game and not the Vr part it runs fine from steam i played started it the otherday  :lol:

I'm tempted by VR but it seems a waste to buy a whole standalone when I have a powerful PC, but the ones that attach to your PC are bafflingly more expensive and clunkier so I just give up shopping in confusion.  Did I see there are ways to steam PC VR over wifi to a standalone with some tinkering to get a best of both worlds?

I'm tempted by VR but it seems a waste to buy a whole standalone when I have a powerful PC, but the ones that attach to your PC are bafflingly more expensive and clunkier so I just give up shopping in confusion.  Did I see there are ways to steam PC VR over wifi to a standalone with some tinkering to get a best of both worlds?

The Quest plugs into your PC via a high-end usb cable and you're then only restricted by how good your PC is. It elevates to a whole different level. The Quests aren't massively expensive, either.

I want that Index, but Alyx aside what's the real craic with VR? :dontknow:

I want that Index, but Alyx aside what's the real craic with VR? :dontknow:

My housemate has one in the livingroom with a load of games on. I can't bring myself to play anything other than Beat Sabre.

It's essentially neon crack.

Need quite the high end pc for Alyx though, don't you?

Not particularly. It's like any game and you can dial back the settings to whatever your machine can handle O0

I whacked mine on full magic, and it's insane. But, it keeps crashing at a point near the middle because there's loads of particles coming from the plant life. It's a well known area to crash...so I need to dial it back for that bit :lol:

The Quest plugs into your PC via a high-end usb cable and you're then only restricted by how good your PC is. It elevates to a whole different level. The Quests aren't massively expensive, either.

Ah, so with a Quest 2 I cou;d use it standalone, or connected to a PC?  Interesting.  May splash out on one.

When was the Quest 2 released? Thinking if maybe a Quest 3 might be on the horizon fairly soon, might be able to save a bit and afford one or if the price of the Quest 2 might drop a bit.

Got a quest 2 "for the kids" for Christmas. Well worth every penny.

You can use Virtual Desktop which is about £13 (Buy the quest version, not the steam version) to run games wirelessly from the PC

When was the Quest 2 released? Thinking if maybe a Quest 3 might be on the horizon fairly soon, might be able to save a bit and afford one or if the price of the Quest 2 might drop a bit.

Q2 is a late 2020 addition. So a Q3 will be a while away, if at all.

Q2 is a late 2020 addition. So a Q3 will be a while away, if at all.

Cheers :thup:

OK, I'm sold. Unfortunately it's not in stock anywhere at all. Worth the extra for the 256gb? So stuff I load on to it standalone I have to buy from the Oculus store, but anything I'm playing from my pc over virtual desktop can be obtained from anywhere?

OK, I'm sold. Unfortunately it's not in stock anywhere at all. Worth the extra for the 256gb? So stuff I load on to it standalone I have to buy from the Oculus store, but anything I'm playing from my pc over virtual desktop can be obtained from anywhere?

Don't take my word for it like. :lol: I have no experience at all with VR so I don't know what is good and what is bad, but I was blown away by the bloody tutorial. :lol:

Also, I've downloaded loads on to mine and still have loads of space left and I think mine is 64GB.

Bear in mind that VDT doesn't make all your PC stuff 3D (you probably realise this). It's just access to the desktop and allows you to use it on a virtual screen. I personally don't need it as Oculus and Steam VR give it all.

Bear in mind that VDT doesn't make all your PC stuff 3D (you probably realise this). It's just access to the desktop and allows you to use it on a virtual screen. I personally don't need it as Oculus and Steam VR give it all.

This suggests you can also stream VR content using it, although may be a bit shonky? May be misreading it tho.

https://uploadvr.com/how-to-play-pc-vr-oculus-quest-2/

If I use SteamVR, am I limited to the Steam library, or can I sideload stuff from, say, GOG on to it?