Not worthy of a thread (Games edition)

Winter sale on steam is on. Bought Fifa 21 after playing PES20 for a year now, just to see how the Fifa franchise has developed since Fifa 12. Made me even angrier that PES doesn't have decent manager career mode and a better UI. Fifa 21 game play, AI, graphics and animations are absolute garbage compared to PES20.

Also bought Tropico 6, Frostpunk and Hades. No work until Monday 4th. :)

It's utterly preposterous that there isn't a decent football game on any platform in 2020. I've been a PES fanboy for the last few years, but the last two versions have ranged from average to woeful. They seem to get it half right, then release a patch that makes it worse, then back to being half right, and so on.

I don't think I'm going back to PES 21 in 2021 tbh, just going to wait for the next game. Supposedly it's on a new engine, and they're looking to overhaul the severely outdated menu system.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Frostpunk is brilliant.

I haven’t played Origins but I’m guessing it’s similar in scope to Odyssey, Black Flag, etc.? Syndicate was far more manageable in comparison. It’s definitely a throwback (one city, clear out the baddies neighborhood-by-neighborhood, big boss, piece of Eden). They did a hell of a good job recreating Victorian London.

Glad I asked, quite excited about this now. Not played any since Revelations (loved 2 and Brotherhood), and Syndicate was one of those I wrongfully assumed got a wee bit forgotten about. They make so many, like, find it difficult to keep up with which ones are the main ones/good ones.

I know it wasn't on your list but for me Black Flag is the only must play since the Ezio Trilogy. Halfway through Origins atm and it's canny enough (Ancient Egypt looks and feels absolutely spectacular, and is a blessed relief from the rather bland city settings of Syndicate and Unity) but it's basically the same stuff I've done a million times before.

i got an oculus quest 2 the other day. i've just sat and watched the last 20 minutes of stockport county v altrincham in a virtual theatre with a guy from stockport who was a season ticket holder and he was streaming it on altspaceVR. this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever bought

i got an oculus quest 2 the other day. i've just sat and watched the last 20 minutes of stockport county v altrincham in a virtual theatre with a guy from stockport who was a season ticket holder and he was streaming it on altspaceVR. this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever bought

I got it as well. It is fucking class!

I got it as well. It is fucking class!

i'm struggling to describe it to people. last night i bumped into some lass from gateshead and we ended up in an open mic lobby and she sang an irish folk song  :smitten: later there was a proper bar fight and we were just standing there watching some guys avatar go fucking mental because he didn't get to do his stand up routine  :lol: mental

Get Half Life: Alyx

No 2D video will do it anywhere near the justice. Even when you take the headset off and look at the monitor...it's night and day. Incredible experience.

I've got the V1 of the Quest. V2 doesn't have the IPD range of my freakness :lol: