Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

113 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Can someone do a poll on this? I'd be interested in something like;

- Love this idea - will donate

- Like it - can't donate

- Like it - won't donate

- Neither for/against

- Don't like and won't donate

Or similar from someone with the time to think it through.

Its a good idea. Its ambitious and a long shot but there is room for part fan ownership in football, without doubt. 

A quick glance at twitter and its a "waste of time", "impossible", "pissing your hard earned away". No doubt the same cunts that refuse to back any boycott or protest and happily donate a more substantial amount to Mike Ashley every other week. And there in lies the problem. 

Good on the NUST for giving it a go imo. 

Having an NUST presence on the board, even when we get our great new (Staveley/PIF/Reubens) owners, is a great idea.

It takes the club to an even 'higher level' than it even will be after the Takeover. I wouldn't hitherto have thought that possible!!

After the Takeover we will not "need" fan involvement in the club, on the board, but (if this works) we WILL have it, and it will just feel great.

It is a superb idea and plan, and I'm sure our new owners would like to come out right now to say they support this, but things are (as we all know) at a 'legally delicate' stage at the moment . . .

The news just keeps on getting better, hopefully there will not be too much of a negative response to this from some quarters?

Edited by manorpark
9 minutes ago, Si said:

This is all the stuff I'm interested in, I'd like to know more detail around how much they want to raise, and long term plan for the money to make the most of it whilst also protecting it.

I think it would've been nice to have a deadline for it, say 5 or 10 years. But I get that it's very difficult to say.

Or a regular review to vote on whether to keep or donate every 2 years (or something).

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it would've been nice to have a deadline for it, say 5 or 10 years. But I get that it's very difficult to say.

Or a regular review to vote on whether to keep or donate every 2 years (or something).

It's says in the FAQ if it doesn't grow by 10% in a 12 month period they will decide if to continue or not I think. But more details on the ambition or potential goals needed to be hit would be interesting to hear.

49 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Everything has failed? We haven't done anything. We've renewed our season tickets and sat in idle silence for 15 years while Mike takes the piss.

The alternative is to boycott the club. It's really really easy.

Yep plus this way we get to keep our own £££ for ourselves . Its always been the cheapest way to affect change

This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is

Edited by arnonel
3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is

Theres your answer.

Once the players dont care, once the manager doesnt care, once the owner doesnt care, once the premier league dont care.......fans will ask themselves "why should i"?

The ownership of the club is the single issue around which EVERYTHING pivots.

Deleted my account on here last year because NUFC is so depressing. However, I wanted to post on this because I feel like the loudest voices on this sort of thing are always the whiners.

I think it's a great idea, and in fact it's the only option we have really. Okay it might take a while, and it's not guaranteed to work, but fan ownership has to be attempted at least. It's a strategy that at least we have some control over, whereas deciphering pictures of bread on twitter really isn't. We've seen how close we are to relegation this year. We have no idea how the pandemic and a relegation will affect the clubs finances, but there is potential for club to go on a very negative trajectory towards administration. If that does happen, you want a fans group to be ready. You have to start somewhere, and eventually Ashley will go. When he does, we want a seat at the table. It's our club.

Well done to Greg and the team. Keep going.

14 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Nonsense, there's been opinions on all sides. 

15 minutes ago, arnonel said:

On the other side it's fine to have questions about something new. Questions aren't bad, they will help people that aren't immediately willing to pledge.

36 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Having an NUST presence on the board, even when we get our great new (Staveley/PIF/Reubens) owners, is a great idea.

It takes the club to an even 'higher level' than it even will be after the Takeover. I wouldn't hitherto have thought that possible!!

After the Takeover we will not "need" fan involvement in the club, on the board, but (if this works) we WILL have it, and it will just feel great.

It is a superb idea and plan, and I'm sure our new owners would like to come out right now to say they support this, but things are (as we all know) at a 'legally delicate' stage at the moment . . .

The news just keeps on getting better, hopefully there will not be too much of a negative response to this from some quarters?

arnonel, you wrote . . . 

"This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is"

NO . . .

This forum is NOT all "grim" about our club, see the post 'quoted' above.

Far from it.

Edited by manorpark
3 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

[emoji38] some people are so defensive of NUST.

The old "give us more money please".

‘People’ are too positive, ‘people’ are too negative, ‘people’ are too defensive. Maybe just stick to discussing the substance instead of the meta-complaining. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

There’s been a number of attempts to do this since Ashley’s been involved, not all of which were grounded in reality. This seems a lot more feasible, both in terms of the ask and what the aim is. I’m behind it :thup:

If any of this ever came to pass ( and it wont ) the fans 1% ownership would merely be used as cover by PIF for the murderous Saudi regime . NUST is only ever going to ask any regime easy questions about minor stuff like the state of the toilets etc 

52 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Its a good idea. Its ambitious and a long shot but there is room for part fan ownership in football, without doubt. 

A quick glance at twitter and its a "waste of time", "impossible", "pissing your hard earned away". No doubt the same cunts that refuse to back any boycott or protest and happily donate a more substantial amount to Mike Ashley every other week. And there in lies the problem. 

Good on the NUST for giving it a go imo. 

If it's a good idea but based on the assumption fans will be on board, but fans think it's a waste of time, it's a bad idea unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

If any of this ever came to pass ( and it wont ) the fans 1% ownership would merely be used as cover by PIF for the murderous Saudi regime . NUST is only ever going to ask any regime easy questions about minor stuff like the state of the toilets etc 

Valid concern for a lot of people. I guess if we knew exactly who the owner will be in future, it would put off as many people as it would attract. Right now we don’t know who it will be.