(Northern) Ireland

• 3 weeks later...
  • Disco changed the title to (Northern) Ireland

Have had BBC news on most of the morning, was up late in fairness, but I've not seen any of it mentioned once so far. NI might as well be on another continent. 

I'll accept it probably did show up and I missed it, once maybe, but even when they do cover it it's pitifully short and and inadequate. It's no wonder the rest of the UK seemingly give no shit about the place. 

EDIT: No BBC, Sky. Need more sleep. 

Every video I’ve seen no one looks old enough to buy a pack of tabs nevermind not get their arses handed to them if someone retaliated or had a go back.

Shit little cunts.

52 minutes ago, Disco said:

Every video I’ve seen no one looks old enough to buy a pack of tabs nevermind not get their arses handed to them if someone retaliated or had a go back.

Shit little cunts.

Sad really. No prospects, no desire to get away from a very small bubble, very young and brainless; perfect for those community leaders with a certain agenda and want to use violence to make their point. You've got a cracking group of footsoldiers right there. Not excusing anyone who thinks it's acceptable to throw a bottle of fire at someone, like. 

44 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sad really. No prospects, no desire to get away from a very small bubble, very young and brainless; perfect for those community leaders with a certain agenda and want to use violence to make their point. You've got a cracking group of footsoldiers right there. Not excusing anyone who thinks it's acceptable to throw a bottle of fire at someone, like. 

Aye, it’s sad to see whichever side of the fence they’re on. Got to imagine that perhaps schools being closed hasn’t helped either if they’re stuck in negative environments and social groups in their home life never mind the widening of the mind that education can bring. 

Would imagine the Blues are leaning heavily on her to stoke up where she can. Distracts from Brexit and stokes up nationalist sentiment in England.

The loyalists actually rioted right beside a nationalist area last night and were hurling shit over the peace wall in West Belfast. This obviously incited nationalists to riot back. It's getting very close to turning into us vs. them again. Really needs nipped in the bud ASAP. More and more texts circulating though to congregate again on Friday to block roads and protest.

The wife and I actually said about just fucking it off and moving to England. Definitely don't want to bring up my son in this shit hole if it continues to put its foot on the rewind pedal.

Posted (edited)

I think it'll all blow over, we've been here before and will be again, but moving to England or down south would be a great idea anyway because this place hasn't much going for it at the best of times. 

Edited by Decky
1 hour ago, Decky said:

I think it'll all blow over, we've been here before and will be again, but moving to England or down south would be a great idea anyway because this place hasn't much going for it at the best of times. 

Transport Controllers get paid more in England anyway. :lol: I love my job here and that's the only reason I want to stay.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Also the house prices. Fully anticipate my retirement being in Northern Ireland. 

In terms of scenery it's a stunning place like. If you retire out in the country somewhere there's not many places better. I live in Larne which is generally seen as a shithole but it's absolutely stunning at the same time, provided you stay out of the centre. You're right on the coast and it's just scenic beauty for miles.

Edited by Froggy
15 hours ago, Disco said:

Aye, it’s sad to see whichever side of the fence they’re on. Got to imagine that perhaps schools being closed hasn’t helped either if they’re stuck in negative environments and social groups in their home life never mind the widening of the mind that education can bring. 

Ritoting in Belfast by supporters of Brexit - Police nowhere to be seen.

Marching in Bristol against Public Order Bill - 100s of tooled-up and aggressive police.