Your Gaming Pet Hates

good lord that much for joy cons (what a stupid name).

Hell one thing I don't get is I could get a wired official 360 controller back in the day for way cheaper than the official xbox one controller and they're the same fucking controller no extra buttons or anything so why can't I use the 360 ones on xbox one?

When you get ads for mobile games which show footage from a different game.

Ads for mobile games in general. First they start off with amazing CGI graphics and you go "holy fuck, what is this, I need this", then they hit you with revealing the shitty ass 2D bullshit online turn based castle siege crapfest the ad is actually for.

• 1 year later...

:lol: I've had one of those Thrustmaster nutcase flight sticks in the "Save for later" section on Amazon checkout for ages. It's never been the exact right amount of 3am for me to pull the trigger.

I know at least 3 of my mates who bought proper HOTAS setups to play Star Citizen when they backed it on Kickstarter.

I think they all used them for about 3 weeks when they got Elite then never again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

:thup: Gears of War has a few like that. More story spoiler stuff (I know). A cut scene will start and an achievement will pop up congratulating you for finding your lost son/wife/dog when nothing of the sort has occurred yet.

I think there's also a few where the boss fight ends with a cut scene where the same thing happens. "DEFEAT MEGAZORD ACHIEVEMENT" while megazord is still chillin.

• 5 months later...

Day/night cycles in games that mean you end up playing through bits you'd rather be lit properly in a stupid dark blue mode and where the NPCs you need to speak to are still inexplicably just up and about at three in the morning.

I'm all for devs showing off their skills but fuck off, man.  At the very least, make it midsummer so the night zips through in 20% of the cycle.

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

Day/night cycles in games that mean you end up playing through bits you'd rather be lit properly in a stupid dark blue mode and where the NPCs you need to speak to are still inexplicably just up and about at three in the morning.

I'm all for devs showing off their skills but fuck off, man.  At the very least, make it midsummer so the night zips through in 20% of the cycle.

I'm gonna give FFXIV another go when the PS5 version comes out but this is my biggest gripe with it. 

I don't think the day night even makes any difference gameplay wise. It's purely cosmetic. 

But night sucks. Graphics are just the same dull black everywhere and the great music is replaced with boring atmospheric night time sounds. 

The worst thing? It's perma winter in that sun rise is 6am and sun set is 6pm. So 50% of the game is at night time. 

Edited by Cf

Were there not sinister superbaddies out at night in FFXV? Was it just fairy stories? I'm sure they told you about them right at the start of the game.

15 is actually an example of it done really well actually. The length of the day night cycle is something you start to notice change and it has big plot implications.